Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Choosing Deafness!

"There are times in life when you should pretend to be deaf, so you won't hear what people say about you."
Roxy Antonio


Today, before I stepped out of my car, the song "Jesus Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns came on the radio and I wanted so bad to just seat in my car and let it minister to me. The song speaks of how the world sometimes cannot come to Jesus because of the way we act and how we judge others. I walked away from my car still singing the song and asking God to give me strength to face this day, little did I know that I was going to need that strength before I reached the building. I met a coworker as I was coming in and she told me that one of my coworkers had said some ugly remarks about me. I felt betrayed.

If you know me, you know that I am a very easy going person. I love my job and I like the people that I work with; however, I sometimes need to be deaf so that I won't hear the comments or remarks that people sometimes make about me.

I want to ask today for God to allow me to choose deafness not to hear those that have chosen not to speak to me, but about me and to give me strenght to demonstrate His love always. Today, I want to chose to ignore the hipocrisy and I embrace the love that God gives me unconditionally. Today, I also promise to chose my words carefully so that I will not repeat the same mistake my coworkers made. Gossip is not uncommon in an office setting, but we are responsible whether we contain the rumors or continue to spread them. Psalm 39:1 says “I will guard my ways so that I may not sin with my tongue..." and because I profess to praise a God that is alive, I will heed the counsel of the book of James 1:26 which reads: "If anyone thinks he is religious without controlling his tongue, then his religion is useless and he deceives himself."

My prayer today is that if you have read this blog and are facing a similar situation with family members or at work, to remember that your strength is obtained through prayer. Your human feelings may betray you and you might want to lash out at the person that is speaking about you, but remember choose deafness, choose prayer, gain strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment